HORIZONTAL SURFACE MAINTENANCE
16 hours of classroom learning and practical / 40 minutes for AOP
You will learn to:
Follow processes and procedures on cleaning of horizontal surfaces.
- Collect assigned tools, equipment and supplies and place them on rack and/or receptacles.
Use allocated PPE to perform cleaning of the assigned hard floor surfaces and/or carpet.
Display the appropriate safety signage at designated area to prevent accidents during the course of cleaning the surroundings.
Perform cleaning and/or vacuuming of hard floor surfaces or carpet in accordance with organisational procedures and guidelines.
Ensure waste collected at waste-holding area are secured in its containers.
Replenish consumables cleaning supplies used for cleaning the hard floor surfaces and carpet when necessary to ensure smooth operation of cleaning services provided.
Inform appropriate person or supervisor if work activities cannot be carried out.
- 21 years and above.
- Speak, listen and read English at Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 3, and manipulate numbers at Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 3.
- Never attended school.
- Minimum of three months of work experience in the environmental services industry (complusory for AOP) or with the interest to be employed in the industry.
1. Applicable for absentee payroll.
2. Inclusive of 7% GST ($26.60 / $7.70); tabulated based on full fee.