24 hours of classroom learning and practical
You will learn to:
Apply the knowledge and skills in making basic cakes:
Pandan Chiffon Cake
Emulsified Swiss Roll
- Comply with food hygiene regulations when making basic cakes.
Assemble utensils, tools and appliances for making basic cakes.
Select and prepare ingredients to make basic cakes.
Follow the instructions stated in recipes closely to make basic cakes.
Test the doneness, depan, assemble, and decorate basic cakes.
Reinstate workstation in accordance with food hygiene regulations.
Describe methods to communicate with co-workers and supervisor to achieve organisational objectives.
Describe behaviours that demonstrate trust, respect, support, integrity, and ethics at the workplace.
Develop the ability to self-reflect and improve on own competencies through constructive feedbacks and peer learning on food & beverage trends.
- Multiple-choice questions
- Oral questioning
You will receive a WSQ Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of this module and its assessment.
- 21 years and above.
Speak, listen and read English at Workplace Literacy Level 3, and manipulate numbers at Workplace Numeracy Level 3.
PSLE / PSPE or equivalent.
Minimum of three months of work experience in the food services industry or with the interest to venture into pastry and baking arts.
1. Applicable for absentee payroll.
2. Inclusive of 7% GST ($42.00); tabulated based on full fee.
3. Above net fee is only valid till 31 Dec 2021.
4. For courses in 2022, please email email@example.com for updated 2022 course fees.